ProcessMaker Release Strategy
Learn how ProcessMaker plans its release strategy for ProcessMaker Platform to include greater platform stability and new features.
This document describes ProcessMaker's (PM) release strategy for PM Platform, formerly known as ProcessMaker version 4.
After PM version 4.4.1 release, ProcessMaker rebrands to PM Platform, the only platform you need to design both simple and complex business solutions using our low-code platform.
Our release strategy is to provide our open-source users and Enterprise customers with greater value to the ProcessMaker platform while maintaining platform stability and performance. PM Platform has the following release strategy:
- Seasonal quarterly releases: To provide greater business value, ProcessMaker releases quarterly, named after seasons of that year, that deliver high-value new features and improvements to existing functionality.
- Stability and performance releases: Between each seasonal quarterly release, ProcessMaker releases smaller updates that provide greater stability, performance, and bug fixes.
The following table outlines ProcessMaker's release strategy and delivery goals for the four annual seasonal releases. Improvements and features that pertain only to the Enterprise platform are noted.
PM Platform April 2023
PM Platform Spring 2023
PM Platform Summer 2023
- Import one Process that includes its related assets, including Screens, Scripts, its child Processes, its participating users/groups, Collections (Enterprise only) and its participating users, and Data Connectors (Enterprise only).
- Import any Process from any ProcessMaker instance globally that is version 4.0 or later.
- Upon importing, recognizes when the Process, and its related assets, has a unique identifier from the source ProcessMaker instance. If that Process does not have a unique identifier because it is imported from a ProcessMaker version 4.3 or earlier, PM Platform creates them for that Process and each of its assets. The unique identifier allows that Process or any of its individual assets be exported to any other PM Platform instance globally that is April 2023 version or later.
- Export one Process and its related assets as described above. Alternatively, export any individual asset.
- The exported asset(s) maintains its UUID and is referenced when importing to any PM Platform instance that is April 2023 version or later.
- Compress the exported asset(s) into an encrypted or unencrypted ZIP file for easy sharing.
Share entire PM Platform solutions with other PM Platform instances anywhere in the world, thereby creating a template of that solution for any other PM Platform instance.
- Test your solution in a Development environment, then export it for importing to a Production environment.
- "Templatize" your solutions, then share or sell them with any other organization that meets their use cases and business pain points.
A redesign of the existing Assignment Rules panel in Form Task and Manual Task elements, ProcessMaker reinvisions to more easily assign a Task. Task assignments from previous ProcessMaker versions remain properly configured when importing a Process into ProcessMaker Platform.
Process Designers may now focus more on the business solution design with minimal technical expertise, thereby allowing any business expert to design the solution.
As a Process Designer, place a connector that integrates your business solution with ProcessMaker IDP, ProcessMaker's intelligent document processing (IDP) platform.
Integrate intelligent document processing into your business solution. Leveraging artificial intelligence (AI), train ProcessMaker IDP to recognize, parse, then categorize massive quantities of documentation. For example, process driver's licenses to recognize and store the signature.
- As a Process Designer, create sets of business rules for use in Processes.
- Business rules are independent of the Processes in which they are used, thereby allowing the same set of business rules be reused in many business solutions.
- Design business rules in a spreadsheet interface using simple rows and columns.
- Drag and place business rule components into the spreadsheet, similarly to placing BPMN elements into a Process model.
- A set of business rules, called a "decision table," may reference another set.
Decision tables allow Process Designers with no technical skills to design complex decision automation as a set of business rules that can be reused throughout multiple business solutions.
Instead of searching Request, Task, or Collection data using PMQL, ask for relevant data using plain English language.
Process designers and business experts can more easily locate the data they need without using a SQL-like syntax like PMQL.
Process Modeler is redesigned.
Process designers can more easily and quickly design Process models from which to architect their business solutions.
- Process Modeler, Screen Designer, and Script Builder automatically save your work at regular intervals.
- When your work is ready for other stakeholders to use or deploy, click the new Publish button.
Process designers can design their PM Platform assets without worrying about losing their work because their session ended.
- Configure Select List controls in Screen Builder with no technical skills.
- Easily create dependent Select List controls whereby one Select List control's options depend on the selection from another Select List control. For example, if a Select List control contains from a list of countries around the world, when the United States option is selected, then in a second Select List control the states in the United States display.
Process and form designers require no technical skills to create complex Screen designs that use Select List controls.
- Create a new Process model from a template within PM Platform.
- Templates are organized into categories to make it easy to locate based on your business vertical or solution requirement.
- Templates are tested and are BPMN-valid.
More quickly deploy a business solution to production from a Process template instead of designing and testing one yourself.
- Customize the contents of the right-side menu to control navigational options for PM Platform users.
- Remove elements from the user interface to control the user experience in the PM Platform.
PM Platform Administrators can more easily control and design unique navigational experiences for their PM Platform users.
- Reports display the analysis how Process design affects Request performance for a Process.
- View reports to display Request and user performance.
- Visual reports require almost no configuration.
Identify design and performance issues in a Process's design to best optimize Requests. Quickly learn the ROI for a Process.
- Bundle Processes into Process Modeler connectors using a customizable configuration panel.
- The Configuration panel functions similarly to configuring BPMN and connectors in Process Modeler.
- Process designers with technical skills can design custom, complex connectors for low- and no-code users.
- Custom connectors designed for re-use greatly expedite Process creation by drastically reducing the amount of creation time necessary for more technical functionality.
Design Screens that display in English, French, German, or Spanish language.
Provide Screens in English or supported non-English languages, allowing Request participants to interact with business solutions in a language most comfortable for them.
- The Mulesoft connector integrates with the MuleSoft Anypoint Platform that enables connections between widely-used systems.
- A Process designer can connect to the MuleSoft library of connected applications, enabling workflows with connections to many external systems out-of-the box, instead of needing to manually configure a connection point to a specific system.
- By configuring a connector within the MuleSoft marketplace, Process designers will be able to use low- to no-code solutions to connect to external systems through their Processes.
- Rapidly expedite process development and reduce the technical expertise required to configure external connection points.
Screen Builder is redesigned.
Screen designers can more easily and quickly design Screens for their business solutions.
Last modified 2mo ago