File Preview Control Settings
Preview a file that has been uploaded from a previous Task via a File Upload control in that Request.
The File Preview control allows the Request participant to configure a file preview that has been previously uploaded to that Request via a File Upload control. After adding the control in the Screen to where to display the file preview, configure the Name setting value for the File Upload control from which to preview the file it uploaded to that Request.
This control is only available for the following Screen types:
Your user account or group membership must have the following permissions to design a Screen unless your user account has the Make this user a Super Admin setting selected:
- Screens: Edit Screens
- Screens: View Screens
See this example how to preview multiple files that have been uploaded from a previous Task in that Request.
- 1.Create a new Screen or click the Edit iconto edit the selected Screen. The Screen is in Design mode.
- 2.View the Screen page to which to add the control.
- 3.Locate the File Preview iconin the panel to the left of the Screen Builder canvas.
- 4.Drag the File Preview icon into the Screen Builder canvas. Existing controls on the Screen Builder canvas adjust positioning based on where you drag the control.
- 5.Place into the Screen Builder canvas where you want this control to display the file preview on the Screen.
File Preview control in Preview mode
After adding a control to a Screen page, you may move it to another location on that page such that it is above or below other controls placed on that page. A control cannot be moved to another Screen page.
Follow these steps to move a control to another location on that Screen page:
- 1.Place your cursor anywhere on the control not displaying the Duplicate Controlor Delete Controlbuttons.
- 2.Hold your cursor, then drag the control above or below other controls on that Screen page. Screen Builder previews where the control would display on the page based on how you position the control above or below other controls. If the control cannot be placed in a location because your cursor is above an existing control or too far to the left or right of the page, theicon displays in the preview.
- 3.Place the control at the location on the page you want it. The other control(s) on the page automatically adjust position.
Copying a control also copies the current settings of that control. The copied control displays below other controls placed on that Screen page.
Follow these steps to copy a control:
- 1.Select the control to be copied.
- 2.Click the Duplicate Control button. The control copies with its current settings, and then displays below other controls placed on that page.
As a best practice, after copying a control, change the Variable Name setting value for the copied control to its own unique variable value. Otherwise, in-progress Requests that use this Screen read from and send data to both controls.
Deleting a control also deletes configuration for that control. If you add another control, it will have default settings.
- 1.Select the control to be deleted.
- 2.Click the Delete button. The control deletes. Other controls on that Screen page adjust their locations automatically.
The File Preview control has the following panels that contain settings:
Click the control while in Design mode, and then click the Variable panel that is on the right-side of the Screen Builder canvas.
Below is the setting for the File Preview control in the Variable panel:
Edit the default Variable Name setting value for this control if necessary. The Variable Name setting value represents data in this control during Requests. Ensure that the Variable Name setting value is a unique name from other controls in this Screen and contains at least one letter. This is a required setting.
Click the control while in Design mode, and then click the Configuration panel that is on the right-side of the Screen Builder canvas.
Below is the setting for the File Preview control in the Configuration panel:
Enter the Name setting value for the File Upload control from which to preview its file that was previously uploaded to this Request. Do not use mustache syntax when entering the File Upload control's Name setting. This setting has no default value.
Click the control while in Design mode, and then click the Advanced panel that is on the right-side of the Screen Builder canvas.
Below are settings for the Line Input control in the Advanced panel:
Specify an expression that indicates the condition(s) under which this control displays. See Expression Syntax Components. If this setting does not have an expression, then this control displays by default.
Note the following regarding how to use visibility rules:
- To make this control hidden until another control contains a value, enter the Variable Name setting value of that control to this control's Visibility Rule setting.
Enter the value to represent this control in custom CSS syntax when in Custom CSS mode. As a best practice, use the same CSS Selector Name value on different controls of the same type to apply the same custom CSS style to all those controls.
See the following best practices regarding custom CSS in Screens: