Edit an Environmental Variable
Edit the sensitive information that an Environment Variable represents.
Your user account or group membership must have the following permissions to edit a Environment Variable unless your user account has the Make this user a Super Admin setting selected:
- Environment Variables: Edit Environment Variables
- Environment Variables: View Environment Variables
Follow these steps to edit an Environment Variable:
- 2.Click the ellipsesicon, and then select the Edit Variable option for the Environment Variable to edit. The Edit page displays.
- 3.Edit the following information about the Environment Variable as necessary:
- In the Name setting, edit the unique name of the Environment Variable. The Environment Variable name can only contain letters, numbers, and hyphens (
-). This is a required setting.
- In the Description setting, enter the description of the Environment Variable. This is a required setting.
- Optionally, in the Value setting, edit or enter the Environment Variable value. Entering or editing a value is optional since Environment Variables are secure, abstract proxies for sensitive information you assign to contain a value that can be determined during an in-progress Request.
- 4.Click Save.
See Environment Variable Syntax, Usage, and Examples for how to use an Environment Variable in each programming language that supports.
Last modified 19d ago