Edit Screens for a Collection
Update the Screens that a Collection uses for its records, thereby affecting all records in that Collection.
The records in a Collection are composed from the Screens to create, edit, and view those records. These Screens may be revised at any time as needs for the Collection change. When any Screen used in a Collection changes, those changes automatically propagate to all records in any Collection that references that Screen.
For example, suppose that when the Collection was created, the Screens to create and edit a record in that Collection are identical. However, a need arises that when any record in that Collection is edited or updated, the record revision date must be recorded in the Screen. To address this, change the Screen used to edit records in that Collection by adding a new Date Picker control from which authorized users/groups can select the record revision date. After the Screen is saved with changes, this new Date Picker control automatically propagates to all records in that Collection. There will be no selected date in this control; the appropriate user(s) must then open each record and select the date each record was revised.
Follow these guidelines to edit any Screen referenced from a Collection:
- 2.Click the Configure iconfor your Collection in which to edit one of its referenced Screens. The Configuration tab displays.
- 3.Make note of the appropriate Screen(s) to edit:
- Create Screen: The Create Screen drop-down menu references the Screen from which new records in this Collection are created.
- Edit Screen: The Edit Screen drop-down menu references the Screen from which records in this Collection are edited.
- View Screen: The View Screen drop-down menu references the Screen from which records in this Collection are viewed.
After saving your Screen changes, the records in that Collection automatically update with the Screen changes.
_collection.idvariable can be used in "view" or "edit" Screens of a Collection to show a unique identifier number for that record in its Collection. The variable must be used in mustache syntax and its value can only be displayed and should not be edited. Use
_collection.idin a Screen in the following ways: