What is a Task?
Understand what Tasks are in ProcessMaker.
In simple terms, a "Task" represents an activity or work a Request participant must do. This activity may be information that must be provided, reviewed, approved, decided about, or otherwise acted upon via ProcessMaker software. However, a Task may also be an activity that occurs in the physical environment in which ProcessMaker software is not involved: moving inventory containers or making a phone call, for example. People participate in Processes through Tasks.
For example, each of the following are Tasks that you might use for a purchase process:
- An employee enters information about the purchase request, such as items to be requisitioned.
- A manager approves or rejects the purchase request.
- The purchasing manager enters information on a vendor website to order approved items.
- Warehouse personnel move purchased inventory for shipping.
- Self-service a Task to review a purchase request by assigning that Task to yourself from a queue of Tasks.