What is a Watcher?
Understand how to use Watchers in your Screens.
A Watcher is a Screen Builder tool that loads remote data from a data source external to the current Screen:
- 1.The Watcher “watches” a specific data property. This data property may correspond with the Variable Name setting value of a Screen control.
- 2.When the value of the data property changes, the Watcher calls an external data source. The following may be the Watcher's data source:
- Script: The data source may be a configured Script that runs, and then returns a response. Scripts are available in all ProcessMaker editions. Avoid using Scripts as a Watcher's source to not affect Screen performance.
- Data Connector: The data source may be a Data Connector that gets data and returns a response. The Data Connector package must be installed to use Data Connectors.
- 3.The response data assigns to a configured output property. This output data property may correspond with the Variable Name setting value of a Screen control.
Last modified 1mo ago